“Dream Backyard Makeover” Contest 2018
Official Contest Rules
A complete copy of these rules can be obtained at the offices of radio stations KZEL, KUJZ, KNRQ, KSCR, KUGN, and KEHK, owned and operated by Cumulus Broadcasting LLC (collectively, the “Station”), Cumulus Broadcasting LLC, 1200 Executive Parkway Suite 440, Eugene, OR 97401, during normal business hours Monday through Friday or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the above address.
The Station will conduct the Dream Backyard Makeover (the “Contest”) substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
- No purchase is necessary. Void where prohibited. All federal, state, and local regulations apply.
- Only legal U.S. residents age (18) or older with a valid Social Security number at the time of entry are eligible to participate in Station contests. Employees, agents, representatives, or affiliates of the Station, its affiliates, participating sponsors, other radio stations, television stations and print advertising companies serving the metro area, and their immediate family members and household members are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents, siblings, grandparents, children, grandchildren and cohabiting significant others.
- An individual may win an on-going contest only once per six-month period unless otherwise specifically stated. An individual may win other seasonal or one-time contests only once for the duration of the contest.
- The contest will begin on (April 13, 2018) and will run through (June 2, 2018) (the “Contest Period”).
- Listeners can enter Contest by filling out an entry form at any of the locations of named sponsors in Contest, which are listed in Section 22 of these rules. Entry form must be received no later than May 29 to be valid. One entry is allowed per person.
- On May 30, Station will blindly pull 100 entry forms from the entry boxes to determine final contestants. Those 100 entry forms will then be gathered by Station, the people on the entry forms will be contacted, and told to go to Dalton Carpet on 3815 W 11th Ave. in Eugene, Ore. on June 2 to be entered into the final contest for the prizes provided by participating sponsors. On June 2, winners must check in at the Station table at Dalton Carpet at or around noon, when their entry form will be placed into a box and entered into the final drawings. Entry forms will be randomly selected by Station every 15 minutes between noon and 2 pm to win prizes with the Grand Prize awarded at or around 2 pm.
- One (1) grand prizes will be awarded. The grand prize package is 1(one) (outdoor carpet provided by Dalton Carpet) valued at $300, 1 (one) (Oregon Grass Trimmer provided by All Seasons Equipment) valued at $228. 1 (one) (outdoor umbrella provided by Cedar Works Spas) valued at $439. 1 (one) (gift certificate provided by Gray’s Garden Center) valued at $300. 1 (one) (garden boxes set provided by Mike’s Bargain Center) valued at $300. 1 (one) (green gardens yard art provided by Lane Forest Products) valued at $600. 1 (one) (load of rock or loam provided by Delta Sand & Gravel) valued at $300. 1 (one) (set of painting supplies provided by Forrest Paint) valued at $300. 1 (one) (commercial grade outdoor landscaping light provided by Reynolds Electric) valued at $300. 1 (one) gift certificate for pest service provided by Ultimate Pest Control) valued at $300). Value of grand prize: $3,367. The Total prize value for Contest is $3,367.
- All State, Local, Federal and or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win a prize or prizes valued $600 or more in any given year will be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings.
- All prizes are awarded “as is.” Prizes are nontransferable and cannot be exchanged. No substitute prize will be awarded to a winner who declines to accept a prize.
- Odds of winning depend on a number of factors including the number of eligible entries receive.
- The Station shall not be responsible for the failure of participating sponsors to deliver the prizes or any part thereof as described herein.
- All entrants and winners agree that the Station shall have no liability for any injury, misfortune, or damage to either persons or property incurred by entering, participating in, winning, or losing any contest and/or by the acceptance, use, or non-use of any prize received in connection with this contest.
- All prizes must be claimed in person at The Cooler immediately after a winner’s name is picked from the prize box. If they are not present when their form is picked, Station reserves the right to select a new form until the prize is awarded. If no winner is selected, Station reserves the right to give away the prizes at their discretion.
- Proper identification must be presented by any winner to claim prize. As a condition to receiving the prize, any potential winner must complete and sign a Winner’s Affidavit and Release, releasing the Station from all liability in connection with winner’s participation in the contest and acceptance, use, or non-use of the contest prize.
- All entry blanks, forms, devices, and materials gathered during the course of entry, as well as all information contained on or within, shall become the sole property of the Station to be used, disposed of or destroyed in its sole discretion. The Station is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information entered by website users, and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Station’s website.
- All entrants and winners agree to give the Station and its licensees, affiliates, successors, and assigns the irrevocable and unrestricted right to use, re-use, broadcast, or publish their name, city of residence, photo, video tape, film or any other likeness, including portraits and pictures, in whole or in part, as part of a composite, retouched or distorted in character or form, and winner’s voice, recorded or live, for any reason the Station deems necessary without compensation, unless prohibited by law. All winners release, discharge, and agree to hold the Station harmless from any and all claims they may have against the Station in connection with the taking, production, or the use of winners’ name, city of residence, any photo, video tape, film or any other likeness, including portraits and pictures, in whole or in part, as part of a composite, retouched, or distorted in character or form and without restrictions as to any changes, transformations or alterations, and including winners’ voices, recorded or live. All winners further acknowledge that the Station owns or will own exclusively any photographs of such winners used for such purposes, including the copyrights in them, regardless of the form in which they have been or may be produced and used, and all winners assign all such ownership rights to the Station.
- By participating in the Contest, each participant agrees to receive email communications from the Station regarding Station events and contests. Any participant that opts-out of these mailings will also remove themselves from the contest. By participating in the Contest, where allowed by law, participants agree that the Station may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the Contest to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes.
- By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Station personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Station will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and the Station’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Station, the Station reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the administration or outcome as the Station deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by the Station are final. The Station may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion. ANY ATTEMPT BY A CONTESTANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY CIRCUMVENT, DISRUPT OR DAMAGE ORDINARY AND NORMAL OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST, TELEPHONE SYSTEMS OR WEBSITES, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, STATION RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- The Station reserves the right to limit the number of times an individual may enter a contest or drawing.
- The Station reserves the right to require contestants to be present at drawings in order to win their prize.
- A winners list may be obtained after July 2, 2018, by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to the following address:
1200 Executive Parkway Suite 440, Eugene, OR 97401
- Participating Sponsors:
All Seasons Equipment
Cedar Works Spas
Gray’s Garden Center
Mike’s Bargain Center
Lane Forest Products
Forrest Paint Company
Delta Sand & Gravel
Ultimate Pest Control